Your real estate listing is likely the first impression someone has of the home you are selling.
Are you making your listings stand out? Sure, you know the importance of including photos, and how many bedrooms are in the house, but are you showing there is something that makes this house more special than the rest?
Thomas Spignesi of the Hoppler real estate blog has eight tips to make your listing the best it can be, and it help it stand out amongst the thousands of others.
- Be unique. Most people have pre-conceived ideas about what a property listing is supposed to look like. These days, ads look so much alike that people tend to ignore reading them all the way through. The fact of the matter is, you don’t need to look like everyone else because blending with the crowd is one of the best ways to be forgettable. Think out of the box and be original. It will help make you stand out and you’ll attract the notice of more potential customers.
- Have a well-structured layout. Just like writing a well-constructed paper, a strategic layout can be powerful. Remember, the layout of a listing can make or break its readability so better give it great consideration.
- Attention-grabbing headlines. It is crucial that your listing has an eye-catching headline because in most cases, it’s literally your only shot at getting a buyer to notice you in a second’s notice. As they say, first impression is everything. Your headline can be dreamy, quizzical or straight forward, anything that would prompt a reader to read further.
- It’s all in the details. The next phase of your ad is the descriptive qualities of the property itself. Talk about the primary features of the property and highlight the main features. The first two to three sentences should include information that help get people through the door such as number of bedrooms and bathrooms, size of the property, location, garage, etc. But remember to keep your ad short, so make every word count.
- Appeal to your readers’ emotions. Words can do an incredible job of selling real estate. Your job is to paint an irresistible picture with words and here’s where you can actually make them want to come to you. Guide them through the property as if they were actually there. Also make them envision the lifestyle that comes with the property. Give the reader an overall positive concept about the property.
- Provide the extra nudge. If your goal is to get a property sold fast, make sure you provide a sense of urgency in the ad. If you’re able to, add a special offer or promotion to make the listing stand out more, for the potential buyer get off the couch to come see it.
- Include quality photos. A great listing ad requires great listing photos. Pictures have the power to enhance your ad and if possible, consider using a virtual tour. This is most helpful when your classified ad is online and able to link to other sites. It’s also advisable to read on some tips on how to take better photos of a property.
- Set the right price. It’s critical to price your property at a realistic market-related value for a successful sale. If a property is overpriced, many buyers won’t even take the time to view it. To make the process and data gathering well done, ask the experts, let your real estate broker do the job.
How do you make your real estate listings stand out?