Registration is open
The 2018 Winter Business Meetings are scheduled for Jan. 29-31.
There is no charge to attend the meetings. Registering will provide you with access to the information in Box and will help us plan for your attendance. Take advantage of these FREE educational and networking opportunities. Download the current schedule.
We are committed to being as efficient as possible and to do so, we must operate according to our bylaws. Please make it a priority to notify us if you will not be able to attend your committee meetings. In general, the bylaws* allow that a member with two unexcused absences may be removed from a committee. We ask that you contact Kim Smith or call your staff liaison at (800) 555-3390 to let them know that you will not be attending a committee meeting or the board of directors meeting. *Some committees have different requirements. As a reminder, all meetings are open, unless marked otherwise.
Please make your overnight reservations directly with the Hilton Harrisburg. The group rate is available until Jan. 5 or until the group block is sold out. You are responsible for making all changes and cancellations directly with the Hilton Harrisburg. Contact the Hilton at (717) 233-6000. The group code is PARW18.
Additional area hotels:
Book your hotel room
Crowne Plaza Harrisburg – Please call (717) 234-5021, a block is not being held and a group rate is not available.
Radisson Hotel Harrisburg – Please call (717) 763-7117 and request the Pennsylvania Association of Realtors®-negotiated corporate rate
Hampton Inn Harrisburg West – $119/night – Book online via Hilton.com using corporate ID 3135080. You can call (717) 691-1300 and request the PAR-negotiated corporate rate.
Materials for the Winter Business Meetings
Materials for the Winter Business Meetings are in PAR’s folder online in Box. Committee agendas, speakers and topics, and a finalized schedule with meeting room assignments can be found in the Box.com folder on Jan. 19.
Board of Directors Bylaws Vote
The board of directors will be asked to vote for the second time on the changes to the bylaws regarding the Standard Forms Committee. You can read the Issues Briefing Paper in Box for more information.
Winter Business Meetings Schedule
Monday, Jan. 29
- 9 a.m. – First-time Attendee Orientation – Learn how to navigate PAR Business Meetings with seasoned PAR leaders.
- Noon – Annual Local Association RPAC Awards Luncheon – Entrance is free to anyone who invested $99 or more in RPAC in 2017, but registration is required in order to reserve a seat. Register now through online registration. Contact Sherri Martin with questions.
- 3 p.m. – Association Forum Roundtables – This roundtable will feature a discussion on recent trends and legal cases involving real estate with Ray Michalowski, prosecutor for the State Real Estate Commission and Appraiser Board, Jinada Rochelle from the PA Human Relations Commission and Nicholas Smyth from the Bureau of Consumer Protection.
- 5 p.m. – PAR Leadership Reception – For PAR’s Executive Committee, past presidents, 2018 chairs, vice chairs and moderators to attend.
Tuesday, Jan. 30
- 11 a.m. – General Session with Nobu Hata, the director of digital engagement for the National Association of Realtors®.
- 11:55 a.m. – Realtor® Pride Photo – Show your Realtor® pride by wearing blue and red for the group Realtor® photo following the General Session in the Carlisle Room.
- 12 p.m. – CRS luncheon – This will feature Detective R. Matthew Dotts from the Derry Township Police Department and the FBI Cyber Security Task Force presenting on cyber security. Payment is only accepted via credit card through online and on-site (if available) registration.
- 6:30 p.m. – The Inaugural Banquet and Ball honoring President Todd H. Umbenhauer and the 2018 leadership team of PAR – Business dress to formal attire acceptable. Registration will close at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 21. Fee is $65 per person and payment is only accepted via credit card through online registration. Entertainment will be provided by The Josh Squared Band. If you must cancel, refunds will not be available after Jan. 23.
Wednesday, Jan. 31
- 9 a.m. – First-time PAR directors’ orientation.
- 9:30 a.m. – Board of Directors meeting.
Contact the Solutions Center at (800) 555-3390 or Diane Langner via email.